Term of Use
This Website (peoplemattersglobal.com) is owned, operated and maintained by People Matters Pte. Ltd. (“the Company”), a company incorporated under the Companies Act, 2013 and having its registered office at Office No. 38 Beach Road, #29-11, South Beach Tower, Singapore - 189767
- People Matters provides this Website as a service to those people seeking news and information in the areas of Leadership and People Management. The information / services provided on this Website may include without limitation (a) news, articles, write ups, analysis, discussion, reports etc. on different matters; (b) subscription to journals, magazines, updates, news reports, studies etc.; (c) provision of consultancy, advice, suggestions, information, tips, analytical tools, software facilities etc.; (d) any other services deemed fit by the Company (collectively referred to as “Services”).
- The provision of any or all the Services is subject to Applicable Laws in each territory. One or more of our services may not be available in any territory, if the provision of such service is barred by Applicable Law in the territory. Further, the provision of any or all of the Services is subject to the sole discretion of the Company and its availability on the Website. Please check our Website to confirm if any particular Services is available on our Website.
- Competence to contract: Use of the Website is available only to those individuals and who can form legally binding contracts under Applicable Law in their respective jurisdictions. Persons who are “incompetent to contract” as per Applicable Law in their jurisdictions are not eligible to use the Website. If you are a minor i.e. under the age of 18 years, you shall not register as a User of the Website and shall not use the Website. As a minor if you wish to use the Website, such use may be made by your legal guardian or parents on the Website. The Company reserves the right to terminate your membership and / or refuse to provide you with access to the Website if it is brought to the Company’s notice or if it is discovered that you are under the age of 18 years.
- Authorization: In case You are registering as a business or a corporate entity, you represent that You are duly authorized by the business / corporate entity as applicable to accept this Agreement and You have the authority to bind that business / corporate entity to this Agreement.
- The Company may require Users to fill an online form and register themselves on the Website to avail all or any of the services rendered on the Website. The Company may require Users to provide all information, and submit all documents as may be required for registration of the User on Website or for availing any Service on the Website (“Registration Information”).
You agree to:
- provide true, accurate, correct and complete Registration Information; and
- Maintain and promptly update the Registration Information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or if the Company has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, the Company has the right to suspend or terminate any and all of your current or future use of the Services.
- Upon successful registration to use the Services and payment of Service Fee, your Account would be activated. You agree and understand that you will be solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password which, together with your login ID, allows you to access the Services.
- By providing us with your email address and mobile number, you agree to receive all required notices and information electronically, on that email address or mobile number. It is your responsibility to update any changes to your email address and mobile number. If you become aware of any unauthorized use of your Registration Information, you agree to notify the Company immediately at the customer service helpdesk, the details of which are available on the Website. The Company shall not be liable for any unauthorized use or access, unless it is proved that the unauthorized use or access occurred solely due to reasons directly attributable to the Company.
- Payment and cancellation: It is assumed that Users who buy or pay for these services are fully aware of what they are buying/purchasing and that they have read all documentation (product descriptions, advertising, etc.) regarding the product, service, membership, etcetera, to have made that choice. There are no refunds for subscription or other payments once activity on the site has been established after the purchase of that service. Products that have been determined to be defective or damaged can be returned to us for a full refund within a reasonable amount of time deemed by one of our sales representatives (via email or documented phone call). The cancellation policy of other products, services, etcetera that appear on Company but are offered by other companies or individuals, are the sole responsibility of those companies or individuals. Company does not assume any liability or any sort resulting in the purchase of those particular products, services, etcetera and does not endorse the purchase of the same.
You agree, undertake and confirm that Your use of the Website shall be strictly governed by the following binding principles:
You shall not host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information which:
- belongs to another person and to which You do not have any right;
- is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, paedophilic, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever; or unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing including but not limited to “indecent representation of women” within the meaning of the Indecent Representation of Women (Prohibition) Act, 1986;
- is misleading in any way;
- is patently offensive to the online community, such as sexually explicit content, or content that promotes obscenity, paedophilia, racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- involves the transmission of “junk mail”, “chain letters”, or unsolicited mass mailing or “spamming”;
- promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- infringes upon or violates any third-party’s rights [including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, rights of privacy (including without limitation unauthorized disclosure of a person’s name, email address, physical address or phone number) or rights of publicity];
- promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person’s copyrighted work (see “Copyright complaint” below for instructions on how to lodge a complaint about uploaded copyrighted material), such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- contains restricted or password-only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- provides material that exploits people in a sexual, violent or otherwise inappropriate manner or solicits personal information from anyone;
- provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- contains video, photographs, or images of another person (with a minor or an adult);
- tries to gain unauthorized access or exceeds the scope of authorized access to the Website or to profiles, blogs, communities, account information, bulletins, friend request, or other areas of the Website or solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users;
- engages in commercial activities and/or sales without Our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising and pyramid schemes, or the buying or selling of “virtual” products related to the Website;
- solicits gambling or engages in any gambling activity which We, in Our sole discretion, believes is or could be construed as being illegal;
- interferes with another User’s use and enjoyment of the Website or any other individual’s User and enjoyment of similar services;
- harms minors in any way;
- infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights or third-party’s trade secrets or rights of publicity or privacy or shall not be fraudulent or involve the sale of counterfeit or stolen products;
- violates any law for the time being in force;
- deceives or misleads the addressee/ Users about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature;
- impersonate another person;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource; or contains any trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, easter eggs or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, diminish value of, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
- threatens the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of any nation, friendly relations between nation states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation;
is false, inaccurate or misleading;
- creates liability for Us or cause Us to lose (in whole or in part) the services of Our internet service provider (“ISPs”) or other suppliers.
- You shall not use any “deep-link”, “page-scrape”, “robot”, “spider” or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of the Website or any content, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Website or any Content, to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the Website. We reserve Our right to bar any such activity.
- You shall not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of the Website, or any other systems or networks connected to the Website or to any server, computer, network, or to any of the services offered on or through the Website, by hacking, password “mining” or any other illegitimate means.
- You shall not probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Website or any network connected to the Website nor breach the security or authentication measures on the Website or any network connected to the Website. You may not reverse look-up, trace or seek to trace any information on any other User of or visitor to Website, or any other customer, including any account on the Website not owned by You, to its source, or exploit the Website or any service or information made available or offered by or through the Website, in any way where the purpose is to reveal any information, including but not limited to personal identification or information, other than Your own information, as provided for by the Website.
- You shall not make any negative, denigrating or defamatory statement(s) or comment(s) about Us or the brand name or domain name used by Us including the terms the Company, or otherwise engage in any conduct or action that might tarnish the image or reputation, of the Company or sellers on platform or otherwise tarnish or dilute any the Company’s trade or service marks, trade name and/or goodwill associated with such trade or service marks, trade name as may be owned or used by us. You agree that You will not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of the Website or the Company’s systems or networks, or any systems or networks connected to the Company.
- You agree not to use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website or any transaction being conducted on the Website, or with any other person’s use of the Website.
- You shall not forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message or transmittal You send to Us on or through the Website or any service offered on or through the Website. You may not pretend that You are, or that You represent, someone else, or impersonate any other individual or entity.
You agree to comply all Applicable Laws while using the Services. You agree not to use the Services for any illegal purpose or for the transmission of material that is unlawful, harassing, libelous (untrue and damaging to others), invasive of another's privacy, abusive, threatening, or obscene, or that infringes the rights of others. You shall also ensure that you are not prohibited whether contractually or otherwise from availing of the Services. Please do check whether the terms and conditions of the financial services which you may seek to aggregate pursuant to the Services offered, prohibit the use of the Services in any manner whatsoever. In the event there exists any prohibition, please do not avail of the Services for aggregation of information in respect of such financial services.
- The contents of the Website, including its "look and feel” (e.g. text, graphics, images, logos and button icons), photographs, editorial content, notices, software (including html-based computer programmes) and other material are the owned/licensed by/to the Company and/or its Third-Party Service Providers/their licensors and are duly protected by them under applicable copyright, trademark and other laws. You acknowledge and agree that the Company and/or its licensors or suppliers own all rights to this Website, the content displayed on the Website and any intellectual or proprietary property and/or technology (in any form) made available to you as a part of or in conjunction with the Services.
- You expressly understand and agree that your use of the Services is at your sole risk. The Services are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. We expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
We make no warranty that:
- The Services will meet your requirements;
- The Services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error- free;
- The results or information that may be obtained from the use of the Services will be accurate or reliable;
- Any errors in the technology will be corrected.
- The Company assumes no responsibility for consequences resulting from the use of information on the site or information obtained through links. The Company will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, or reliance on any information contained in the site. The Company is not responsible for the accuracy or content information contained in the site or in the links provided on its site. Links to and from the Company do not constitute an endorsement by the Company of the parties or their products and services.
ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICES IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICES WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS. TO THE EXTENT THAT ANY PART OF THIS SECTION IS NOT CONSISTENT WITH ANY OTHER PART OF THESE TERMS, THEN THIS SECTION WILL PREVAIL.
You agree that we will not be liable for any damage or loss either direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary,
including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses, even if we have been
advised of the possibility of such damages, resulting from:
- The use or the inability to use the Services;
- Any products, data, information or service purchased or obtained or messages received through or from the Services;
- Unauthorized access use of your personal data used by you to access your third-party accounts;
- Alteration of your transmissions or data obtained from/stored in your third-party accounts;
- Statements or conduct of anyone on the Services; or
- Any other matter relating to the Services.
- Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, in case the Company is held to be liable to for any damages under Applicable Law, then the liability of the Company will be limited to fees or other consideration paid by the User for availing the Services from the Company.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Company, its owners, licensees, affiliates, subsidiaries, group companies (as applicable)
and their respective officers, directors, agents, and employees, from and against, any and all suits, actions and proceedings,
claims, liabilities, losses, damages, costs and expenses, including reasonable outside attorneys’ fees, arising directly or indirectly
in connection with:
- Your violation of any law, regulation or order of any government or judicial authority; or
- any infringement of any intellectual property rights of the Company or any third-party.
- any infringement of any intellectual property right of the Other Party or any third-party.
Any complaint / grievance with respect to the Services or the Website may be submitted to the Grievance Officer of the Company as per details provided below:
- <please provide details>
- <please provide details>
- <please provide details>
Please refer Clause 20 below.
The Company may provide You with notices and communications by e-mail, SMS, push notifications, regular mail or postings on the Website or by any other reasonable means. Except as otherwise set forth herein, any notice to the Company must be sent by courier or registered mail and addressed to the Grievance Officer as per details specified above.
No failure or delay by a party in exercising any right, power or remedy shall operate as a waiver thereof, nor shall any single or partial exercise of the same preclude any further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right, power or remedy.
Data and information retrieved through the Services is for informational purposes only and is not intended for trading or transactional purposes. The Company shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content or information obtained through the Services, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
In any case where the law of any of the jurisdictions cited below applies, the following country specific provisions will replace or supplement the equivalent provisions above:
Supplementary terms and conditions
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
Supplementary terms and conditions
The following provisions shall apply in every country in which the Services are being offered and which is not specifically mentioned above:
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION